1. Brattberg G, Thorslund M, Wikman A. The prevalence of pain in a general population. The results of a postal survey in a county of Sweden. Pain. 1989;37:215-222
2. Childs JD, Cleland JA, Elliott JM, et al. Neck pain: clinical practice guidelines linked to the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health from the Orthopaedic Section of the American Physical Therapy Association. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2008;38:A1–A34
3. Picavet HS, Schouten JS. Musculoskeletal pain in the Netherlands: prevalences, consequences and risk groups, the DMC(3)-study. Pain. 2003;102:167-178
4. Borghouts J, Koes B, Vondeling H, Bouter L. Cost-of-illness of neck pain in the Netherlands in 1996. Pain 1999; 80: 629–36.
5. Enthoven P, Skargren E, Oberg B. Clinical course in patients seeking primary care for back or neck pain: A prospective 5-year follow-up of outcome and health care consumption with subgroup analysis. Spine 2004;29:2458–65.
6. Jette AM, Smith K, Haley SM, Davis KD. Physical therapy episodes of care for patients with low back pain. Phys Ther. 1994;74:101-110
7. Childs JD, Fritz JM, Piva SR, Whitman JM. Proposal of a classification system for pa- tients with neck pain. J Orthop Sports PhysTher. 2004;34:686 – 696.
8. Di Fabio RP, Boissonnault W. Physical therapy and health-related outcomes for patients with common orthopaedic diagnoses. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 1998;27:219-230
9. Price DD, Buch FM, Long S, Harkins SW. A comparison of pain measurement characteristics of mechanical visual analogue and simple numerical rating scales. Pain. 1994;56:217–226
10. Ackelman, B.H. & Lindgren, U. (2002): Validity and reliability of a modified version of the neck disability index; Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine; 34: 284-287;
11. Waddell G, Newton M, Henderson I, Somerville D, Main CJ. A Fear-Avoidance Beliefs Questionnaire (FABQ) and the role of fear-avoidance beliefs in chronic low back pain and disability. Pain. 1993;52:157-168
12. Chow RT, Johnson MI, Lopes-Martins RA, Bjordal JM. Efficacy of low-level laser therapy in the management of neck pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized placebo or active-treatment controlled trials. Lancet. 2009 Dec 5;374(9705):1897-908
13. Vickers AJ, Cronin AM, Maschino AC, Lewith G, MacPherson H, Foster NE, Sherman KJ, Witt CM, Linde K; Acupuncture Trialists’ Collaboration. Acupuncture for chronic pain: individual patient data meta-analysis. Arch Intern Med. 2012 Oct 22;172(19):1444-53
14. Kroeling P, Gross A, Graham N, Burnie SJ, Szeto G, Goldsmith CH, Haines T, Forget M. Electrotherapy for neck pain. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 Aug 26;8
15. Kuijper B, Tans JT, Beelen A, Nollet F, de Visser M. Cervical collar or physiotherapy versus wait and see policy for recent onset cervical radiculopathy: randomised trial. BMJ. 2009 Oct 7;339:b3883
16. Cleland JA, Childs JD, McRae M, Palmer JA, Stowell T. Immediate effects ofthoracic manipulation in patients with neck pain: a randomized clinical trial.Man Ther. 2005 May;10(2):127-35
17. Cleland JA, Glynn P, Whitman JM, Eberhart SL, MacDonald C, Childs JD. Short- term effects of thrust versus nonthrust mobilization/manipulation directed at the thoracic spine in patients with neck pain: a randomized clinical trial. Phys Ther. 2007.Apr; 87(4):431-40.
18. Cleland JA, Childs JD, Fritz JM, Whitman JM, Eberhart SL. Development of a clinical prediction rule for guiding treatment of a subgroup of patients with neck pain: use of thoracic spine manipulation, exercise, and patient education. Phys Ther. 2007 Jan;87(1):9-23
19. Cleland JA, Mintken PE, Carpenter K, Fritz JM, Glynn P, Whitman J, Childs JD. Examination of a clinical prediction rule to identify patients with neck pain likely to benefit from thoracic spine thrust manipulation and a general cervical range of motion exercise: multi-center randomized clinical trial. Phys Ther. 2010 Sep;90(9):1239-50.
20. Puentedura EJ, Landers MR, Cleland JA, Mintken PE, Huijbregts P,Fernández-de-Las-Peñas C. Thoracic spine thrust manipulation versus cervical spine thrust manipulation in patients with acute neck pain: a randomized clinical trial. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2011 Apr;41(4):208-20.
21. Puentedura EJ, Cleland JA, Landers MR, Mintken PE, Louw A,Fernández-de-Las-Peñas C. Development of a clinical prediction rule to identify patients with neck pain likely to benefit from thrust joint manipulation to the cervical spine. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2012 Jul;42(7):577-92.
22. Cleland JA, Whitman JM, Fritz JM, Palmer JA. Manual physical therapy, cervical traction, and strengthening exercises in patients with cervical radiculopathy: a case series. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2005 Dec;35(12):802-11.
23. Cleland JA, Fritz JM, Whitman JM, Heath R. Predictors of short-term outcome in people with a clinical diagnosis of cervical radiculopathy. Phys Ther. 2007 Dec;87(12):1619-32.
24. Raney NH, Petersen EJ, Smith TA, Cowan JE, Rendeiro DG, Deyle GD, Childs JD. Development of a clinical prediction rule to identify patients with neck pain likely to benefit from cervical traction and exercise. Eur Spine J. 2009 Mar;18(3):382-91
25. Fritz JM, Thackeray A, Brennan GP, Childs JD. Exercise only, exercise with mechanical traction, or exercise with over-door traction for patients with cervical radiculopathy, with or without consideration of status on a previously described subgrouping rule: a randomized clinical trial. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2014 Feb;44(2):45-57
26. Edmond SL, Cutrone G, Werneke M, Ward J, Grigsby D, Weinberg J, Oswald W,Oliver D, McGill T, Hart DL. Association between centralization and directional preference and functional and pain outcomes in patients with neck pain. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2014 Feb;44(2):68-75
27. Childs JD, Fritz JM, Piva SR, Whitman JM. Proposal of a classification system for patients with neck pain. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2004 Nov;34(11):686-96;
28. Kay TM, Gross A, Goldsmith CH, Rutherford S, Voth S, Hoving JL, Brønfort G,Santaguida PL. Exercises for mechanical neck disorders. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012 Aug 15;8
29. Hanney WJ, Kolber MJ, George SZ, Young I, Patel CK, Cleland JA. Development of a preliminary clinical prediction rule to identify patients with neck pain that may benefit from a standardized program of stretching and muscle performance exercise: a prospective cohort study. Int J Sports Phys Ther. 2013
30. Ylinen J, Kautiainen H, Wirén K, Häkkinen A. Stretching exercises vs manual therapy in treatment of chronic neck pain: a randomized, controlled cross-over trial. J Rehabil Med. 2007 Mar;39(2):126-32.
31. Childs JD, Cleland JA, Elliott JM, Teyhen DS, Wainner RS, Whitman JM, SopkyBJ, Godges JJ, Flynn TW; American Physical Therapy Association. Neck pain:Clinical practice guidelines linked to the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health from the Orthopedic Section of the American Physical Therapy Association. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2008 Sep;38(9):A1-A34
32. Kay TM, Gross A, Goldsmith CH, Rutherford S, Voth S, Hoving JL, Brønfort G, Santaguida PL. Exercises for mechanical neck disorders. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012 Aug 15;8:CD004250. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD004250.pub4. Review
33. Sarig-Bahat H. Evidence for exercise therapy in mechanical neck disorders. Man Ther. 2003 Feb;8(1):10-20. Review
34. Khan M, Soomro RR, Ali SS. The effectiveness of isometric exercises as compared to general exercises in the management of chronic non-specific neck pain. Pak J Pharm Sci. 2014 Sep;27(5 Suppl):1719-22
35. Ylinen J, Takala EP, Nykänen M, Häkkinen A, Mälkiä E, Pohjolainen T, Karppi SL, Kautiainen H, Airaksinen O. Active neck muscle training in the treatment of chronic neck pain in women: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2003 May 21;289(19):2509-16.
36. Karlsson L, Takala EP, Gerdle B, Larsson B. Evaluation of pain and function after two home exercise programs in a clinical trial on women with chronic neck pain – with special emphasises on completers and responders. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2014 Jan 8;15:6.
37. Karlsson L, Gerdle B, Ghafouri B, Bäckryd E, Olausson P, Ghafouri N, LarssonB. Intramuscular pain modulatory substances before and after exercise in women with chronic neck pain. Eur J Pain. 2014 Nov 27.
38. Daenen L, Varkey E, Kellmann M, Nijs J. Exercise, not to exercise, or how to exercise in patients with chronic pain? Applying science to practice. Clin J Pain. 2015 Feb;31(2):108-14.
39. Fuentes C JP, Armijo-Olivo S, Magee DJ, Gross DP. Effects of exercise therapy on endogenous pain-relieving peptides in musculoskeletal pain: a systematic review. Clin J Pain. 2011 May;27(4):365-74.
40. Headache Classification Committee of the International Headache Society (IHS). The International Classification of Headache Disorders, 3rd edition (beta version). Cephalalgia. 2013 Jul;33(9):629-808
41. Antonaci F, Ghirmai S, Bono G, Sandrini G, Nappi G. Cervicogenic headache:evaluation of the original diagnostic criteria. Cephalalgia. 2001Jun;21(5):573-83
42. Fernández-de-Las-Peñas C, Courtney CA. Clinical reasoning for manual therapy management of tension type and cervicogenic headache. J Man Manip Ther. 2014 Feb;22(1):44-50.
43. Niere K. Can subjective characteristics of benign headache predict manipulative physiotherapy treatment outcome. Aust J Physiother. 1998;44:87–93
44. Fleming R, Forsythe S, Cook C. Influential variables associated with outcomes in patients with cervicogenic headache. J Man Manip Ther. 2007;15:155–64.
45. Fernandez-de-las-Penas C, Cleland JA, Cuadrado ML, Pareja JA. Predictor variables for identifying patients with chronic tension-type headache who are likely to achieve short-term success with muscle trigger point therapy. Cephalalgia. 2008;28:264–75.
46. Fernandez-de-las-Penas C, Cleland JA, Palomeque-del-Cerro L, Caminero AB, Guillem-Mesado A, Jime ́ nez-Garc ́ıa R. Development of a clinical prediction rule for identifying women with tension-type headache who are likely to achieve short-term success with joint mobilization and muscle trigger point therapy. Headache. 2011;51:246–61
47. Castien RF, van der Windt DA, Blankenstein AH, Heymans MW, Dekker J. Clinical variables associated with recovery in patients with chronic tension-type headache after treatment with manual therapy. Pain. 2012 Apr;153(4):893-9
48. Bendtsen L, Ferna ́ndez-de-las-Pen ̃as C. The role of muscles in tension-type headache. Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2011;15:451– 8.
49 .Jull G, Trott P, Potter H, Zito G, Niere K, Shirley D, Emberson J, MarschnerI, Richardson C. A randomized controlled trial of exercise and manipulativetherapy for cervicogenic headache. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2002 Sep 1;27(17):1835-43; discussion 1843
50. Nilsson N, Christensen HW, Hartvigsen J. The effect of spinal manipulation in the treatment of cervicogenic headache. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1997 Jun;20(5):326-30
51. Racicki S, Gerwin S, Diclaudio S, Reinmann S, Donaldson M. Conservative physical therapy management for the treatment of cervicogenic headache: a systematic review. J Man Manip Ther. 2013 May;21(2):113-24.
Clique aqui e leia as publicações científicas relacionadas com dor cervical
Clique aqui e leia as publicações científicas relacionadas com dor cervical