1. Radu AS. Síndromes Lombares. In: Lopes AC, Amato Neto A. Tratado de Clínica Médica. São Paulo: Roca, 2006, 1732-41.
2. Deyo AC, Weinstein JN. Low back pain. N Engl J Med 2001;344:363-70.
3. Waddell G. A new clinical model for the treatment of low-back pain Spine. 1987;12:632-644.
4. Taylor FK. The medical model of the disease concept. BrJPsychiatly. 1976; 128:588 -594.
5. Spitzer WO. Scientific Approach to the Assessment and Management of Activity-Related Spinal Disorders: A Monograph for Clinicians- Report of the Quebec Task Force on Spinal Disorders. Spine. 1987; 12(suppl) :S1-S59.
6. Haldeman S. Presidential address, North American Spine Society: Failure of the pathology model to predict back pain. Spine. 1990;15: 718-724.
7. Delitto A, Erhard RE, Bowling RW. A treatment-based classification approach to low back syndrome: identifying and staging patients for conservative treatment. Phys Ther. 1995;75:470-485.
8. Nachemson AL. Advances in low back pain. Clin Orthop. 1985;200: 266-278.
9. Frymoyer JW, Newberg A, Pope MH, et al. Spine radiographs in patients with low back pain: an epidemiological study in men. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1984;66:1048-1055.
10. Wiesel S: Tsourmas N, Feffer HL, et al. A study of computer-assisted tomography, I: the incidence of positive CAT scans in an asymptomatic group of patients. Spine. 1984;9:549-551.
11. Boden SD, Davis DO, Dina TS, et al. Abnormal magnetic-resonance scans of the lumbar spine in asymptomatic individuals: a prospective investigation. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1990;72:403-408.
12. Sikorski JM. A rationalized approach to physiotherapy for low-back pain. Spine. 1985;10:571-579. 31
13. Philadelphia Panel. Philadelphia Panel evidence-based clinical practice guidelines on selected rehabilitation interventions for low back pain. Phys Ther. 2001;81:1641-1674
14. Koes BW, van Tulder MW, Thomas S. Diagnosis and treatment of low back pain. Bmj. 2006;332:1430-1434.
15. Hayden JA, van Tulder MW, Tomlinson G. Systematic review: strategies for using exercise therapy to improve outcomes in chronic low back pain. Ann Intern Med. 2005;142:776-785.78
16. Delitto A. Research in low back pain: time to stop seeking the elusive “magic bullet”. Phys Ther. 2005;85:206-208.
17.Kent P, Keating J. Do primary-care clinicians think that nonspeciﬁc low back pain is one condition? Spine. 2004;29:1022-1031
18. McGinn TG, Guyart GH, Wyer PC, Naylor C, Stiell IG, Richardson W Users guide to medical literature: XXII. How to use anicles about clinical decision rules. JAMA. 2000;284: 79-84
19. Fritz ]M. Clinical prediction rules in physical therapy: coming of age? Orthop Sports Phys !her. 2009;39: 159-161.
20. McGinn TG, Guyart GH, Wyer PC, Naylor C, Stiell IG, Richardson W Users guide to medical literature: XXII. How to use anicles about clinical decision rules. JAMA. 2000;284: 79-84
21. Childs JD, Cleland JA. Development and application of clinical prediction rules to improve decision making in phYSical therapy practice. Phys ther. 2006;86:122-131.
22. Delitto A, Erhard RE, Bowling RW. A treatment- based classiﬁcation approach to low back syndrome: identifying and staging patients for conservative treatment. Phys Ther. 1995;75:470- 485; discussion 485-479.
23. Fritz JM, Cleland JA, Childs JD. Subgrouping patients with low back pain: evolution of a classification approach to physical therapy. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2007;37(6):290–302
24. Fairbanks JCT, Couper J, Davies JB, et al. The Oswestry Low Back Pain Disability Questionnaire. Physiotherapy.1980;66:271-273
25.Waddell G, Newton M, Henderson I, Somerville D, Main CJ. A Fear-Avoidance Beliefs Questionnaire (FABQ) and the role of fear-avoidance beliefs in chronic low back pain and disability. Pain. 1993;52:157-168.
26.Poiraudeau S, Rannou F, Baron G, Le HA, Coudeyre E, Rozenberg S, Huas D,Martineau C, Jolivet-Landreau I, Garcia-Mace J, Revel M, Ravaud P (Fear-avoidance beliefs about back pain in patients with subacute low back pain. Pain 2006124:305–311
27. Fritz JM, George SZ (2002) Identifying psychosocial variables in patients with acute work-related low back pain: the importance of fear avoidance beliefs. Phys Ther 82:973–983
28. Flynn T, Fritz J, Whitman J, Wainner R, Magel J, Rendeiro D, Butler B, Garber M, Allison S. A clinical prediction rule for classifying patients with low back pain who demonstrate short-term improvement with spinal manipulation. Spine. 2002;27:2835-2843.
29. Childs JD, Fritz JM, Flynn TW, Irrgang JJ, Johnson KK, Majkowski GR, Delitto A. A clinical prediction rule to identify patients with low back pain most likely to beneﬁt from spinal manipulation: a validation study. Ann Intern Med. 2004;141:920-928.
30. McKenzie RA. The Lumbar Spine: Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy. Waikanae, New Zealand: Spinal Publications Ltd; 1989.
31. Browder DA, Childs JD, Cleland JA, Fritz JM. Effectiveness of an extension oriented treatment approach in a subgroup of patients with low back pain: a randomized clinical trial Phys Ther. 2007;37:A12-A13. 33.
32. Long A, Donelson R, Fung T. Does it mat- er which exercise? A randomized control trial of exercise for low back pain. Spine. 2004;29:2593-2602.
33. Fritz JM, Delitto A, Welch WC, Erhard RE. Lumbar spinal stenosis: a review of current concepts in evaluation, management, and out- come measurements. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1998;79:700-708
34. Airaksinen O, Brox JI, Cedraschi C, et al. European guidelines for the management of chronic nonspeciﬁc low back pain. Eur Spine J 2006;15(suppl):
35 Beurskens AJ, de Vet HC, Koke AJ, et al. Efﬁcacy of traction for non-speciﬁc low back pain: a randomised clinical trial. Lancet 1995;346:1596 – 600.
36. Beurskens AJ, De Vet HC, Koke AJ, et al. Efﬁcacy of traction for nonspeciﬁc low back pain. 12-week and 6-month results of a randomized clinical trial. Spine 1997;22:2756 – 62.
37. Borman P, Keskin D, Bodur H. The efﬁcacy of lumbar traction in the management of patients with low back pain. Rheumatol Int 2003;23 82– 6
38. Van der Heijden GJ, Beurskens AJ, Dirx MJ, et al. Efﬁcacy of lumbar traction: a randomised clinical trial. Physiotherapy 1995;81:29 –35.
39. Werners R, Pynsent PB, Bulstrode CJK. Randomized trial comparing interferential therapy with motorized lumbar traction and massage in the management of low back pain in a primary care setting. Spine 1999;24 1579 – 84.
40. Fritz JM, Lindsay W, Matheson JW, Brennan GP, Hunter SJ, Moffit SD, SwalbergA, Rodriquez B. Is there a subgroup of patients with low back pain likely to benefit from mechanical traction? Results of a randomized clinical trial and subgrouping analysis. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2007 Dec 15;32(26):E793-800
41. Colle F, Rannou F, Revel M, Fermanian J, Poiraudeau S. Impact of quality scales on levels of evidence inferred from a systematic review of exercise therapy and low back pain. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2002;83:1745-52.
42. O’Sullivan PB, Phyty GD, Twomey LT, Allison GT. Evaluation
of speciﬁc stabilizing exercises in the treatment of chronic low back pain with radiologic diagnosis of spondylosis or spondylolis- thesis. Spine 1997;22:2959-
43. Hicks GE, Fritz JM, Delitto A, McGill SM. Preliminary development of a clinical prediction rule for determining which patients with low back pain will respond to a stabilization exercise program. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2005 Sep;86(9):1753-62
44. Stanton TR, Fritz JM, Hancock MJ, Latimer J, Maher CG, Wand BM, Parent EC.Evaluation of a treatment-based classification algorithm for low back pain: across-sectional study. Phys Ther. 2011 Apr;91(4):496-509
45. Fritz JM, Delitto A, Erhard RE. Comparison of classification-based physical therapy with therapy based on clinical practice guidelines for patients with acute low back pain: a randomized clinical trial. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2003 Jul1;28(13):1363-71
46. Brennan GP, Fritz JM, Hunter SJ, Thackeray A, Delitto A, Erhard RE.Identifying subgroups of patients with acute/subacute “nonspecific” low backpain: results of a randomized clinical trial. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2006 Mar15;31(6):623-31
47. Apeldoorn AT, Ostelo RW, van Helvoirt H, Fritz JM, Knol DL, van Tulder MW, de Vet HC. A randomized controlled trial on the effectiveness of a classification-based system for subacute and chronic low back pain. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012 Jul15;37(16):1347-56
48. Apeldoorn AT, Bosmans JE, Ostelo RW, de Vet HC, van Tulder MW.Cost-effectiveness of a classification-based system for sub-acute and chronic lowback pain. Eur Spine J. 2012 Jul;21(7):1290-300. doi: 10.1007/s00586-011-2144-4. Epub 2012 Jan 19